Aquila Private Game Reserve is a mere 2-hours drive from Cape Town. Being a Malaria-free reserve, Aquila is home to the Big 5 animals namely Lions; Leopards; Rhinos; Buffalos and Elephants.
Full Buffet Lunch with vegetarian options available (Halal)
2 To 3-Hour Shared Safari Game Drive in open 4×4 Game Truck
Spa Treatments; Horse-back Safari; Quad bike Safari. (Available for purchase)
- Wheelchair accessible
- Passport required
- Not stroller accessible
- Not suitable for pets
- No public transportation nearby
- Infants must not sit on laps
- Infant seats unavailable
- Wheelchair accessible
- Please provide a cellphone number for WhatsApp (include country code) or an email address so that we can send you a booking confirmation number. Without this confirmation number, it may be difficult to enter the reserve. Note that this is a self-drive Safari option and clients are responsible for arranging their own transfers to and from Aquila Private Game Reserve for their own account. Please allow approximately 2-hours driving time between Cape Town and Aquila Private Game Reserve. Please arrive at Aquila on or before 07:00 am. In South Africa, private game reserves like Aquila have a restriction as to the number of animals they can keep and can therefore not be compared to National Parks, which have no restriction as to the number of animals in the Park. This Safari is nature dependent and we cannot guarantee that visitors will see all the animals on the day of their safari.
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 1 day or less before event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 0% if booking is cancelled 1000 days or less before event
Arrive at Aquila Private Game Reserve no later than 12:30 pm for your Afternoon Safari Game Drive with chance encounters with the Big 5 animals namely Lions, Leopards, Rhinos, Elephants, and Buffalos. You may also spot Giraffes and Antelopes. (Please note that Aquila Game Reserve is approximately 2-hours drive from Cape Town.) Upon arrival at 12:30 pm, you will receive a Welcome Drink at the entrance. This will be followed by a full buffet lunch in the restaurant with vegetarian options available (Halal). After lunch you will join a shared open 4×4 Safari Game Truck, as you set off on an exciting 2 to 3-hour safari game drive. The afternoon game drive affords you the opportunity to see the free-roaming animals in their natural habitat. All game drives are led by an experienced game ranger who will share stories about the animals and their surroundings throughout the safari. Upon your return from the game drive, spend some time to leisure around the pool, terrace or bar lounge to relax before returning back to Cape Town. Please note: Other offers or activities such as Spa treatments, Guided Horse-back Safaris or Guided Quad Bike safaris are available at an additional cost. Should you wish to take up one of these additional offers, please advise and we will gladly assist you with any additional bookings you require.
Day tour / activity
Booking in advance
Cut off: 1 days
Physical difficulty level
Know before you go
Minimum age of passengers is: 2
Sightseeing attraction Nature Skip the lineZoo / aquarium Outdoor Skip the line